Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
Quantity:
Subtotal
Taxes
Shipping
Total
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

My Blog

Blog

Pets and Chocolate Candy

Posted on October 28, 2017 at 2:30 PM

Should My Dog Have Chocolate?



Chocolate is toxic to dogs and depending on the type and amount of chocolate consumed and the weight of your dog, it could cause a serious medical emegency. If your dog ate a small amount of milk chocolate, you don't necessarily need to panic.


Why Chocolate is Toxic To Dogs

Chocolate contains both theobromine and caffeine, both which can speed the heart rate and stimulate the nervous system of dogs. The risk of your dog becoming sick from ingesting chocolate depends on the type and amount of chocolate consumed and the weight of the dog.

Here are a few types of chocolate listed in order of theobromine content:

1. CoCoa powder (most toxic)

2. Unsweetend Baker's Chocolate 

3. Semisweet Chocolate

4. Dark Chocolate

5. Milk Chocolate

6.White Chocolate ( not very toxic)


What are the signs of Chocolate Poisoning?


Signs of chocolate poisoning usually appear within 6 to 12 hours after your dog has eaten it, may last up to 72 hours, and include the following:

1. Vomiting

2. Diarrhea

3. Restlessness

4. Increased Urination

5.Tremors

6. Elevated or abnormal heart rate

7. Seizures

8. Collapse and Death


If you believe your dog ate chocolate, call your veterinarian immediately and or call the Pet Poison Control Helpline

(855-213-6680) for advise.

Categories: None

Post a Comment

Oops!

Oops, you forgot something.

Oops!

The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

111 Comments